05 Apr 13 Ways to Build a Winning Culture
Successful programs have created a palpable culture, sound habits and high standards:
- Program > Team > Player
- Players and coaches talk to each other, not at each other. Big difference.
- No one is perfect. Mistakes will happen on and off the court. Learn from them.
- Every player and every coach is important to the team and plays a role. Respect that.
- Focus on effort and attitude. Those are the only 2 things we have complete control over.
- You either accept it or you correct it. There is nothing in between.
- Repetition is not viewed as punishment. Repetition is necessary to development.
- Confront issues, not people.
- Goals match behaviors and habits.
- Be on time. It is a sign of respect.
- Discipline = Love
- If you aren’t prepared to put the team first… don’t play.
- Believe or leave…