11 Aug 7 Things to Learn from Jay Bilas
I’ve known Jay for years and am honored to and privileged to call him a friend. I admire and respect him as a father, a husband, a consummate professional and a straight up hustler.
Here are 7 things you can learn from Jay Bilas:
- Be humble. Jay often makes jokes (primarily on Twitter) to the contrary, but he is truly a down to earth, humble guy. He is respectful and classy.
- Be confident. Humility and confidence are not Confidence stems from believing in yourself. Confidence is something that must be earned through working hard, smart and consistently.
- Be prepared. You should see the amount of work Jay puts into researching the players, coaches, and programs of the games he calls on ESPN. His attention detail is unparalleled.
- Be open. Jay has several strong opinions on issues like college athletes being compensated. Despite having such strong convictions, he is always open to hearing other people’s views.
- Be honest. Jay says what he means and he means what he says. He has no problem ‘keeping it real.’ A lot of folks on TV are merely puppets… they say what folks want to hear. Jay says what he believes.
- Be thankful. Jay is eternally thankful for all of the opportunities he’s had and for all of the people that have helped, impacted and influenced him. He even thanked us for coming by to record the podcasts! Wow.
- Be good. Jay is the hardest workin’ man in show business and works relentlessly on his craft. Jay’s success isn’t an accident.
If you haven’t read his new book, Toughness, you are truly missing out. It is a powerful read. You need to pick up a copy ASAP.
Respect the game,