22 Apr 7 Tips to Establish a Culture that Sets You a Part
Emmanuel College head coach and PGC instructor TJ Rosene delivered these notes at a PGC Basketball clinic in Atlanta in 2014.
“Start by doing what’s necessary, then do what’s possible, and then suddenly you’re doing the impossible”. Francis of Assissi
“Single biggest problem with commutation is the illusion that it has taken place”. Bernard Shaw
“If everything is important…NOTHING is important”.
Focus on the controllables…Things you CAN control!
7 Questions You MUST Answer to Yourself:
- Why do you coach? The reason must be necessary to culture-your 1 sentence Mission Statement
- Who’s in your family? (ie- wife, child, parent, role model, players, best friend…immediate people
who effect you)
- What language do you speak? (ie- Truth – Love – Transparency)
• Theme each day of the week and talk as a team: Wisdom Weds, Truth Tues, Challenge Friday, etc..mix them up creatively)
- What’s your approach (to situations)?
- What do we collectively commit to? (Adding value relentlessly)
- How do you lead? (ie- Servant – Direct – Passionate)
- How do you keep score? (Win= Add value, Taking ownership, Graduate to Simple)